So, you’re getting into the Best Medical colleges in Pune? Ah, not Pune? In any case, the strategies to crack the exams remains same, don’t they?
Let’s have a general overview of what these exams look like, right?
Medical Exams in India OverView:-
According to Indian official records, there are around 387 colleges in India; the country can train around 52.000 students with the medical interest every year.
If you are going to start preparing for the Medicals, take our advice and start preparing for them right from the start of your 11th -12th standards.
That’s the right time to do so, because those are the questions you are going to face in the Medicals this year, or every year actually.
Pattern of Medical Exams in India:-
- The exam is divided into four parts; that’s Chemistry, Biology, Physics and General Knowledge.
- It consists around 200 different questions; that comprises of 60 questions from each section. So the best way? Attempt the easiest section first, because that’s something you don’t want to loose the marks for, right?
- The exams are optional; you get 1 mark for each right answer. And you loose 1/3 mark of every wrong answer you provide, so yeah technically try to answer only those questions which you are sure about first, and then if you have time left with you, go about answering the “not so sure” about questions.
- You get sent a counseling letter and admission prospectus if you’re selected, so it’s a smooth road from there.
Are you Eligible to get admitted in Medical Colleges in Pune?
Medical colleges in Pune? Well yeah, that’s just one of the possibilities where you might get admitted, but well the admission criteria is the same for every other city/state out there.
Meaning even if you get admitted to a medical college in Assam or Kerela, the requirements are the same as those like the Medical colleges in Pune.
- You must have passed 10+2 or something that’s equal to it, and you must have had Chemistry, Physics, and Biology in your subjects.
- 55% of marks is required for you to pass in the Medicals if you’re from the Reserved categories.
- If you’re someone who has appeared in the 10+2 exams, but have not passed it yet, even then you can apply for the Medicals in India, the result would have to be produced post-selection.
- You have to have a birth certificate that verifies you are atleast 17 years of age.
What You Have to Cover:-
You have to be from the science background no doubt, and you have to pretty good with biology for one.
Biology is the main priority, but you have to clear off physics, chemistry, and other subjects as well. You’ll be getting 200 questions, and a time duration of 3 hours.
So yeah make sure your biology is strong enough, and Physics -Chemistry are there to back it up.
The one benefit of Medicals is that they have not made Mathematics is not included in these yet, and mathematics is popular for eating up lot’s of marks so yeah that’s something you don’t need to worry about.
So yeah that was how the Medicals in India are conducted, and that’s about the basic knowledge you might need for clearing the medicals and getting admitted in Medical colleges in Pune or any other part of the country, right?
Why am I mentioning Pune again and again? Well honestly, I want this article to rank for the keyword and help you out if you’re aspiring from medicals, and are specifically from Pune, nothing wrong in that, huh?
Clearing the Medicals will get you placed at some of the best jobs of the country so no doubt it’s worth all the hard work you have to put in.