Recipe Servings: 3
Prep Time: 05 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
It’s not just another burger, it’s one with a South Indian twist. The crusted patty is made from fried pieces of rice idli and smeared with a tangy chutney.
Ingredients Of Idli Burger
- 6 idlis
- 4 tsp mint and coriander chutney
- 3 thinly sliced tomato
- 3 thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup oil
- For cutlets:
- 2 cups of diced vegetables (peas, carrot and potatoes)
- 1 tsp maida
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow fry
How to Make Idli Burger
- 1.Heat oil and fry idlis till golden brown. Make sure they’re crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 2.Apply chutney on each side of the idli.
- 3.Boil diced vegetables till well done. Drain water and allow them to cool.
- 4.Saute onion, add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for a couple of minutes and then let it cool.
- 5.Mash the vegetables and onion mixture. Add maida, coriander leaves and salt to taste, mix well.
- 6.Make cutlets that are about the same size as the idlis. Shallow fry cutlets till golden brown.
- 7.How to assemble burger – Place the cutlet in the middle, and then add onion and tomato slices sandwiching the cutlet.